Here’s Your Reminder to Book Your Beauty Appointments for Wedding Week
You’re on the home stretch! You are officially one week away from saying “I do!” Give yourself a pat on the back because we know the past few months have been stressful. With that being said, it’s time to treat yourself! We are here to help with all of your wedding week beauty appointments! This checklist is sure to have you glowing and feeling good on your special day!
Photo // Hey Lovely
Haircut & Color
Let’s start out with our #1 tip: keep it natural! Getting your final haircut or trim is a must, but play it safe! Wedding week is no time for experimenting. Stick with the look you (and your spouse-to-be) love and trust!
When to Book: We recommend booking this service 2 weeks before your wedding day
There are so many different options when it comes to waxing. From your eyebrows, bikini area, legs, armpits, etc. How much or how little you want to wax is completely up to you! Typically, waxing will prevent hair regrowth for about 2-3 weeks – enough time for one appointment for wedding and honeymoon.
- Make sure you are using the same eyebrow technician you have always used.
- Stick with your regular brow shape, nothing crazy!
There are various different types of bikini waxes, the top three are the bikini line, full bikini, and Brazilian. Make sure you know which one you are asking for before you go in!
- Bikini Line: This is just a basic clean up around the sides and the top. That way if you are in a swimsuit, nothing will peek out of your bikini.
- Bikini Full: This type of wax includes the front, the sides, and the top. You can take off as much or as little as you want!
- Brazilian: This is the whole thing! Everything goes! This wax gets everything that a full bikini wax gets, plus those hard to reach places in the back!
The eyebrows and bikini area are typically the two waxing options that most brides opt into, however, there are other areas you can choose to get waxed as well:
- Face: If you are getting airbrush makeup for your wedding, a face wax is typically recommended
When to Book: 5-7 days before your wedding; however, make sure you have had a trial bikini wax prior to the week-of to ensure you aren’t in pain!
Are there other hair removal options besides waxing?
Of course! Not into waxing? No problem! Check out these alternative options:
- Shaving: Although shaving is an easy and inexpensive option, we recommend leaving the hair removal to the professionals this week! Plus, who wants to risk razor burn?!
- Laser Hair Removal: Laser is an amazing alternative for brides who want long term results even after your wedding and honeymoon. However, to see long term results, you will have to start at least 6-12 months prior to your wedding day.
- Sugaring: Sugaring is another great hair removal option. Similar to waxing, sugaring will prevent hair regrowth for about 2-3 weeks
Every girl’s favorite way to cope with stress… getting your nails done! Getting a mani-pedi prior to your big day is a MUST!
- Leave the bright colors at home – neutrals work best! We suggest going for white or a baby pink color, so your hands aren’t in full-focus in your photos.
- We recommend getting a gel manicure and pedicure so you know your polish will last through your wedding day and honeymoon.
When to Book: 1-2 days before your wedding
We recommend getting your final facial as long as you have been getting them regularly prior to the week-of! All of the options below are sure to make all the difference in your skin! Just be sure to give yourself enough time between the appointment and the wedding day, so your red skin can fade to its natural tone.
- Traditional Facial: A simple treatment that includes exfoliation, extractions, and cleansing.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion vacuums away dead skin cells from the epidermis which then helps new and healthy skin cells grow.
- Chemical Peel: A chemical peel is a facial where a chemical solution is applied to your skin to remove the top layers. We recommend doing a chemical peel about two weeks prior to your wedding.
When to Book: 1-2 weeks before your wedding
Final Spray Tan
- If you are planning on getting a spray tan, schedule it 2-3 days prior to your wedding.
- Don’t DIY if you don’t have to! You want to look and feel your best on your big day, and the last thing you want is an uneven tan.
- Get your spray tan done after all of your other beauty appointments.
- Make sure you are confident in your tan and that you have had a trial run prior to the week of.
When to Book: 2-3 days before your wedding; however, make sure you have had a trial tan prior to the week-of!
Check out our list of favorite local beauty pros to book your skin and hair appointments! Services for each are listed on their websites.
Featured in this Post
Other Local Vendors: Hey Lovely, Melanin Glow Tans